Why We Do It
Life is short.....
- We want to look forward to Monday morning.
- We want our work to be interesting, fascinating and intriguing. The alchemy that transforms flour and water into life sustaining bread is awesome.
- We want our employees to be fulfilled and our customers delighted.
- We want to work with our community, to talk to people, to give them a choice, to make them smile.
- We want to treat others the way we would want them to treat us.
- We want to make a fair and responsible profit.
- We believe small is beautiful.
- We want to tread lightly and not destroy the future for our children.
- We want to be proud of what we do.
- We want to make the best bread that we can, the food of the body and the soul.
In the lives of many bakers, an immense inner dignity develops from the daily immersion in the labour of the daily bake. Jeffrey Hamelman