Contact us to book yourself in or buy a voucher for a friend.
A few years ago, Maria gave husband Mark a bread-making course as a 50th birthday present. It was a life-changing moment for them both. Mark’s newfound passion for baking led him to quit his day job, become a full time baker and to set up Mark’s Bread on North Street in Bristol.
Today Mark and his team run monthly courses, passing on their knowledge in an intimate setting. Course numbers are limited to eight- ten people at a time so that each person can enjoy some one-to-one tutorship and guidance. For more course details please read on. Demand is understandably high so booking well in advance is recommended.
Introduction to the hand-made loaf
This one-day bread-making course with Mark and team covers:
• Exploring ingredients
• Making English & continental breads
• An introduction to enriched and sourdoughs
• Scaling, shaping and slashing
• Making poulish
• Tour of the bakery & equipment
• 10.00 – 17.00 at Mark's Café and Bakery, guests are asked to arrive at 9:45 sharp.
• Coffee and croissants are served on arrival
• A hearty lunch is accompanied by ‘Bristol Beer Factory’ beer or ‘Lovely’ soft drink
• You can take all of your bread away with you (it tends to be a sack-full)
• A special goody bag will be provided on completion of the course
• £150 per person, £165.0 from end of April2017.